Human Resources Specialist
The Leave Advisor administers all areas of the Leave of Absence process in accordance with Company policies, state, and federal regulations. This includes correspondence and timely follow up with employees, management, Human Resources Business Partners, and related vendors, tracking of leave status, and coordination of efforts between all stakeholders in the LOA process.
- Provide positive, responsive, and knowledgeable customer service to employees, managements, vendors, and key stakeholders; coordinate with applicable parties i.e. vendors, Payroll, Benefits, and management to effectively manage the leave process.
- Accurately track and follow up on timing issues around leave of absence claims, including deadlines for responses from employees regarding their return to work status, and follow-up correspondence regarding expected to return to work dates.
- Provide accurate and timely consultation to employees prior to their leave of absence regarding leave policies, appropriate leave protections, use of paid time off, as well as short term disability benefits. Builds rapport with the Human Resources team and serves as a subject matter expert in leave issues.
- Analyze and consult with HR and Legal regarding all ADA accommodation requests in order to make determinations on ADA claims
- Auditing leave claim data
- Facilitating one on one leave of absence information sessions with employees
- Manage leave of absence claims from receipt of claim to return to work, ensuring a positive experience for both employee and manager
- Monitor and ensure completion of all administrative activities related to leave of absence
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and manage a workload effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR benefit practices, policies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws pertaining to leave of absence
- Experience with MS Office products, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top