Floating Technical Expert - Pleasant Hill/Union City, CA
- Fremont, CA
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The primary responsibility of the Technical Consultant is to independently perform screen and battery replacement, assist with filing insurance claims for customers enrolled in retail locations, and triage and diagnose Smart Phone problems from multiple manufacturers using a combination of technical troubleshooting and machine diagnostics while ensuring that production and quality standards are achieved. This repair work is done within a retail store, so delivering an outstanding customer experience is paramount.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Renders support to Regional Stores, to include travel between stores as required, using personal vehicle.
- Provides resolution to customer issues relating to equipment problems, including but not limited to operational, maintenance and repair aspects of equipment.
- Repairs smart phones by utilizing tools and processes to triage, determines most effective method to repair, then repairs the device.
- Daily engages with customers face-to-face who are in need of repair and triage and delivers an outstanding customer experience within a retail store.
- Meets or exceeds key performance objectives that include service and repair metrics as well as customer satisfaction goals.
- Performs Asurion inventory tasks such as counting and monitoring Asurion parts and inventory levels.
- Completes all coursework in curriculum path within the required timeframes including device certifications and required skill certifications. This includes initial coursework as well as ongoing monthly training.
- Complies with all Asurion operational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates Asurion Core Values in all interactions.
- Complies with Asurion security requirements and background checks, including motor vehicle background checks.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES AS ASSIGNED SUCH AS:
- Organization of technician workspace
- Customer follow-up post Asurion repair
- Ongoing Asurion training - 10 hours per month
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Strong electronic repair skills
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience with product service support or troubleshooting electronics
- Six months face-to-face customer service experience
(3) Physical effort and dexterity:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to 100% of shift
- Ability to lean over to focus on fixing an electronic device up to 100% of shift
- Ability to stay focused on repair work which involves handling small parts and being dexterous up to 100% of shift
- Must be good with their hands and able to handle consumer electronics with care
(4) Visual acuity, hearing, speaking:
- There is potential for specific vision abilities that may be required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Vocal communications are required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and/or to communicate with customers and/or clients.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
(5) Environment and scheduling:
- Nights and weekend work required. Flexible with scheduling changes.
- Must keep a clean, dust free work environment.
- Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Regularly requires working with others in a close proximity and sharing workspaces.
- Exposure to various materials including cardboard, various metals, and plastics.
- Exposure to tools or material with sharp edges which may involve the risk of injury.
#CellTechnician #SmartphoneTech #SmartphoneTechnician #WirelessDeviceTech #WirelessDeviceTechnician #WirelessTech #WirelessTechnician #ElectronicsTech #ElectronicsTechnician #PhoneTech #PhoneTechnician #iPhoneTech #iPhoneTechnician #SamsungTech #SamsungTechnician #MobileRepairTech #MobileRepairTechnician #DeviceRepairTech #DeviceRepairTechnician #PhoneRepairTech #PhoneRepairTechnician #CellphoneRepairTech #CellphoneRepairTechnician #CellRepairTech #CellRepairTechnician #MobileDeviceRepairTech #MobileDeviceRepairTechnician #iPhoneRepairTech #iPhoneRepairTechnician #SamsungRepairTech #SamsungRepairTechnician #SmartphoneRepairTech #SmartphoneRepairTechnician #WirelessDeviceRepairTech #WirelessDeviceRepairTechnician #WirelessRepairTech #WirelessRepairTechnician #ElectronicRepairTech #ElectronicRepairTechnician #CPT1#Cellphonerepairsupervisor#Cellphonetechniciansupervisor
Back to top