The Financial Analyst – Global Inventory Accounting will fill a key role within the Finance organization with accounting, reporting, and variance analysis of key business initiatives along with ongoing operations within the global operations. This role will be responsible for certain core accounting and reporting activities within the Supply Chain, providing support for ongoing operations, and assisting in the successful launch of new businesses. The role will provide for continuous learning opportunities and expose the candidate to a variety of aspects of the Company. The ideal candidate will be attracted by the opportunity to have an impact on an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, and profitable business and to challenge the limits of their professional skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support supply chain initiatives which deliver value to Asurion and assurances that these benefits are driven into the P&L in a timely manner
- Assist in developing short and long term goals and objectives, including cost saving initiatives
- Support the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Provide accounting support for assigned areas which may include eliminations, and key performance indicators
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to help business partners make better decisions in a timely manner
- Use various reporting tools and analysis techniques to turn complex data into accurate and relevant information for end users
- Use accounting concepts and internal company policies to assure internal controls
- Interact positively and pro-actively between international departments to promote a global team work philosophy
- Coordinate flow of information and assimilate data necessary to prepare required reporting
- Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements
- Promote the company’s Core Values and adhere to those values
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; MBA or CPA viewed favorably.
- 1-2 years of work experience; preferably within a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Strong PC skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of accounting systems, business analysis, and reporting tools
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, work ethic, organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work well with others
- Professional individual with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated team player
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions.
- Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated managers with increasing responsibility and challenge.
- Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able to maintain a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance based environment.
- Ability to participate in multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work with all levels of people in the company and in the client world.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top