Director, Product Management - New Services
Asurion offers technology solutions that enable the consumer to get the most out of their devices. As a partner to leading carrier, retail, and OEM companies, we have grown our white-labeled solutions to a subscriber base in the hundreds of millions. With mature product offerings that offer personalized support, we are embarking on new strategic projects that will enhance our existing product lines or explore field opportunities in new channels. We are a privately held company with a healthy multi-billion USD annual revenue stream which enables us to focus on long term customer and client value. As the Product Owner, you will have end-to-end ownership and be responsible for the finding the next multi-million dollar opportunity that intersects the consumer need, channel priorities, and our growing core competencies.
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- Driving a (journey) team of talented Technical Leads and Designers to predict and resolve pain points across the customer lifecycle through the creation of a deep empathy with consumers, client and their own product vision & key performance indicators.
- Quickly assess market opportunities and competitive landscape to generate Product Vision, Strategy and Tenets which culminate in a differentiated compelling, motivating narrative for our Development Teams and Stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Manage product financial performance (P&L), establishing and owning the team's Key Performance Indicators, defining end-to-end specifications, and directing the Go-To-Market.
- Developing 'MVP Tests' to prove (or disprove) your hypotheses and demonstrate a 'Test & Learn' mindset within your Product Team.
- Apply analytical rigor to sufficiently instrument tests and synthesize quantitative and qualitative results and insights to iterate in rapid two-week sprint and release cycles.
- Navigate and prioritize the numerous Product development paths with a framework and corresponding justification.
- Work with external third parties (when necessary) to assess partnership and licensing opportunities.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to cross-functionally influence at an Executive, managerial level, as well as a front line team level
- May manage other Product leads and/or multiple journey teams
Qualifications (You are the right applicant if…)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or other Technical Master's Degree required, or equivalent product management work experience
- You have worked in a consumer Internet company or MBB consulting firm; start-up or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- You have 5 years of product management experience, with exposure to (non-advertising supported) mobile application development
- At least 2 years' experience in technical background as an Engineer, a Designer or both and are able to speak the language of technology is a plus
- You get excited by utilizing data to make decisions and measure success; SQL self-sufficient preferred
- You enjoy leading teams and people like working with you
- You are comfortable communicating complex business and technical issues and have executive presence
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your product endeavors and can structure a business case with preliminary financial model
- You have strong empathy for your customers
- 10-20% domestic/international travel required
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion's 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit www.asurion.com
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top