Director of Content Strategy
The Content Strategy Director will play an integral role in building and optimizing Asurion's fastest growing product, Soluto. Soluto helps customers get more from their technology – across all types of devices and operating systems. As technology expands and evolves, so does the complexity of making it all work. Soluto is focused on solving this problem for our 40 million customers around the world.
Soluto uses thousands of Experts and a deep content library to help customers experience a richer life through their technology. We develop a variety of content types, tailored to customers' interest, to help them learn, do more, and ultimately be happier with their technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will be excited about ensuring the content we create brings this vision to life. This role will set the strategy for the content we build, lead a team of writers and editors, and innovate in driving a richer customer experience. The Content Strategy Director's goal is to engage Soluto customers with content that's relevant, interesting, consistent, high quality, and differentiated.
- Shape the strategy for how content delivers the Soluto promise: helping people to be happier through their technology
- Lead a team of content writers and content editors, including potential coordination with contractors/freelancers
- Collaborate and build solid partnerships with internal teams across design, product, engineering, sales, and other content offices globally
- Brainstorm new content ideas (guides, articles, how-tos, etc.) and experiment with different mediums (text, video, audio, webinars, etc.) for web and mobile
- Lead the team to write, edit, and publish user-friendly content that simplifies complex topics and adds value to our customers' lives
- Proactively identify opportunities in the existing content library and prioritize new content ideas based on overall Soluto goals
- Monitor and report the performance of content across multiple channels
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- 7-10 years of experience writing, editing and/or leading technology-related content, user-facing content
- 3-5 years of experience leading a team of content writers or similar
- Bachelor's in Journalism, English, or any applicable mass communication discipline is preferred
- Ability to create and drive strategic plans
- Previous experience in market research with a deep understanding of customers/consumers, and a desire to help others understand as well
- Global experience preferred
- Excellent command of written English (spelling, grammar, and punctuation)
- Ability to roll with the punches and create innovative content for any type of technology or user
- Team player who works well with others and is open to feedback
- Familiar with technology, a quick learner, and a love of gadgets and devices
- Experience with WordPress and HTML is an advantage
- Experience working with freelancers is a plus
- Mentoring skills for managers and passion for developing others
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion's 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit www.asurion.com
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top