The Director FP&A, Product willfill a key role within the Finance organization. This position will haveprimary responsibility for the critical financial analysis, oversight, andpartnership with the Product Team. The position will assist in driving businessdecisions through fact-based, financial data and analytics. This individualwill be responsible for a wide range of activities to include financialplanning, reporting and analysis, working with the Product and Financemanagement teams to perform analysis on new initiatives, projects, pricing andbusiness opportunities along with developing reporting and forecasting modelsthat fully integrate the entire revenue and cost structure supportingnew/existing Product/Service.
The candidate must be customer centric and self-sufficient and be able tobalance the demands of delivering results in the short term while helping steerthe Company in delivering on its long-term business model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in providing strategic financial support to the Product Management organization on operational performance and processes.
- Work with business partners to design/execute business and accounting solutions to complex issues.
- Conduct in depth analysis on functional projects to include NPV and Return on Invested Capital assessments of investment options and establishing prioritization for investment decisions.
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability, efficiency, and performance utilizing concepts including LTV, IRR, NPV, ROIC, payback, and terminal value.
- Assist in all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, analytics, and reporting to include monthly actual, quarterly rolling forecast, and annual operating plans in support of the Product Management organizations.
- Assist in direct product-related strategic required actions, across multiple functional initiatives which deliver value to Asurion and assurances that these benefits are driven into the P&L in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing business scenario modeling related to product design and execution that includes responsibility for process and compliance support and key controls implementation and monitoring.
- Provide financial and operational driver analytical insights in helping drive the business partner’s success.
- Accountability for unit costing models and analysis to assess efficiency drivers inside the Product Management operation.
- Assist in driving automation of all Product Management focused financial and operational reporting processes.
- Track and report against Product Management capital expenditure and related business case builds.
- Monitor effective financial internal controls to include the continued evaluation and establishment/ modification of policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain SME standards related to core financial and product based systems (Hyperion, Clarity, Dax)
- Assist in developing short and long term goals and objectives, including cost saving initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of financial and operational systems.
- Maintain a high level of morale and energy, within the FP&A team, and ability to point to previous experiences where they have “energized” a team to perform and deliver against stretch expectations.
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across their organization through both performance measurement and clear communications.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA, CPA, or CMA viewed favorably.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a high growth or transformational environment with similar responsibilities.
- Deep financial planning, data mining, and modeling expertise.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions.
- An individual who is self-confident, competent, outgoing, and independent with a straight forward personality and executive presence.
- Entrepreneurial appreciation; talent for leading change to achieve best results.
- Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated managers with increasing responsibility and challenge.
- Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able to maintain a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance based environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of people in the company and in the client world.
- Proven ability in a “rapid growth environment”.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top