Director, Customer Solutions Operations Strategy & Consulting
The Director, Operations Strategy & Consulting is accountable for leading a team of highly skilled senior level internal consultants responsible for partnering with business leaders to identify opportunities to implement innovative and transformative operations programs at a site, functional or regional level that have successfully passed proof of concept to support continued growth of the Soluto product, both domestically and internationally. This includes driving new operations capabilities through client needs analysis, scalability assessment, project planning and successful implementation.
The Director will lead a team of Senior Manager level consultants, as well as collaborate with cross-functional partners at an executive level to:
- conduct needs analysis and scalability assessment to identify opportunities to implement newly tested and proven operational capabilities, programs and processes across clients that will further evolve the organization’s operations within the technology and consumer electronics industry,
- partner with diverse teams across a variety of functions including product development, client services, supply chain management (SCM), technology, finance, human resources (HR), device protection, retail and Premier Support Solutions (PSS) operations and
- oversee the portfolio of initiatives to ensure programs achieve desired outcomes, including effectiveness, timeliness and fiscal responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and manage a team of world-class leaders and consultants, providing guidance and direction to achieve the vision and strategy of the function.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the competitive environment in the technology and consumer electronics industry to facilitate the most effective implementation of new operations programs internally.
- Continuously explore internal opportunities to expand the reach and impact of new programs, including influencing the adoption of new programs or processes at a senior business leader level within a site, function or region.
- Design repeatable processes to enable effective implementation of programs across multiple internal clients.
- Assess the strategic fit of new business ideas, manage the prioritization process of the portfolio and allocate resources to project implementations.
- Create buy-in for the new capability vision within Customer Solution senior leadership and with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Build strong cross functional relationships (e.g., PSS, Retail, SCM, Product, Technology, HR, etc.) at both a managerial level and front line level to ensure productive partnerships in program planning and implementation.
- Responsible for planning and execution of programs to a scalable model that supports achievement of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Conduct an internal assessment of current organizational capabilities and set the direction around build, borrow, buy strategies to support new organizational competencies.
- Partner with Product leaders, Client owners and Operational executives to ensure goals are aligned and business needs are being served.
- Continually build the organization’s new program implementation process, focusing on improving speed, fidelity and cost-effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or a related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project/Portfolio Management or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience managing and delivering results in a product management, market research, consulting and/or operations leadership role.
- 3-5 years of experience building and managing successful diverse teams, including providing feedback and guidance to support team growth and development.
- 3-5 years of experience leading multiple large scale projects. Demonstrated experience applying formal project management methodology and software strongly preferred. Project Management certification (PMP) or certified scrum master (CSM) helpful.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Experience in a growth strategy role and success in delivering products and services in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions through clearly communicating data insights to others.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to deliver products/services.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, attention to detail and ability to lead multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners. Working knowledge or demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business and competitive landscape.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial planning and analysis preferred.
A successful candidate will also:
- Be comfortable with uncertainty, no roadmaps, playing multiple roles and daily change.
- Thrive in an environment of constant learning and discovery while always searching for a repeatable and scalable model.
- Possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary. Exhibit a general manager / owner mentality.
- Maintain a track record of people development and orientation to team and enterprise success over individual accolades.
- Exhibit a client service mentality, measuring success in large part when enabling partners to achieve their own goals.
Professional traits necessary for successful Asurion leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation by her/his team
- Thinks big and has conviction
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Back to top