Director, Customer Solutions Operations Strategy and Testing
The Director, Operations Strategy and Testing is accountable for leading a team of consultants responsible for researching, identifying, prioritizing and testing new operations programs that transform operational capabilities to support the continued growth of the Soluto product, both domestically and internationally. This includes driving new operations capabilities through idea generation, concept testing and fit and scalability assessment.
The Director will lead a team of Senior Managers and Managers, as well as collaborate with cross-functional partners from executives to frontline employees to:
- brainstorm new operational capabilities, programs and processes to further evolve the organization’s operations within the technology and consumer electronics industry,
- oversee the new initiative pipeline that the team will prioritize and test,
- define, test and support the development and implementation of new operations capabilities and processes focused on the future state of the Soluto business and
- partner with diverse teams across a variety of functions including product development, client services, supply chain management (SCM), technology, finance, human resources (HR), device protection, retail and Premier Support Solutions (PSS) operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and manage a team of world-class leaders and consultants, providing guidance and direction to achieve the vision and strategy of the function.
- Continuously research and scan the regulatory and competitive environment in the technology and consumer electronics space to provide the business intelligence needed to build new operations capabilities.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and build other repeatable processes to generate new business ideas to fill the pre-ideation pipeline, leveraging other senior leaders and their teams.
- Assess the strategic fit of new business ideas, manage the prioritization process of the pipeline and allocate resources to concept testing initiatives.
- Develop and manage capability testing to validate hypotheses developed through benchmarks and ideation through accelerated project methodology.
- Create buy-in for the new capability vision within Customer Solutions senior leadership and with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Build strong cross functional relationships (e.g., PSS, Retail, SCM, Product, Technology, HR, etc.) at both a managerial level and front line level to ensure productive partnerships in concept testing.
- Responsible for the selection, definition, execution, and transition of tests to scalable models that support achievement of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Conduct an internal assessment of current organizational capabilities and set the direction around build, borrow, buy strategies to support new organizational competencies.
- Partner with Product leaders, Client owners and Operational executives to ensure goals are aligned and their ideation and concept testing needs are being served.
- Continually build the organization’s ideation capabilities, focusing on improving speed, fidelity and cost-effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience managing and delivering results in a product management, market research, consulting and/or operations leadership role.
- 3-5 years of experience building and managing successful diverse teams, including providing feedback and guidance to support team growth and development.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Experience in a growth strategy role and success in delivering products and services in a high growth environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions through clearly communicating data insights to others.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to deliver products/services.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, attention to detail and ability to lead multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners. Working knowledge or demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business and competitive landscape.
- Proven project management and process improvement skills. Project management certification (PMP), certified scrum master (CSM) is a plus.
- CPA and/or background in accounting and financial planning and analysis preferred.
A successful candidate will also:
- Be comfortable with uncertainty, no roadmaps, playing multiple roles and daily change.
- Thrive in an environment of constant learning and discovery while always searching for a repeatable and scalable model.
- Possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary. Exhibit a general manager / owner mentality.
- Maintain a track record of people development and orientation to team and enterprise success over individual accolades.
- Exhibit a client service mentality, measuring success in large part when enabling partners to achieve their own goals.
Professional traits necessary for successful Asurion leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation by her/his team
- Thinks big and has conviction
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Back to top