Director - Application Development
The Director of Application Development will manage multiple teams of technology professionals responsible for defining, documenting, developing, and operationalizing software components that satisfy global business needs for the Asurion Horizon platform. This role will provide end-to-end implementation oversight from a technical perspective and manage multiple development teams that work on client and internal initiatives. The Director is directly accountable for deploying delivery strategies that ensure quality and scalability for software components. It is expected that the role has applied performance management and team building experience that demonstrably led to creation and growth of high performing organizations.
- Lead multiple software development teams to achieve business goals through collaboration, effective communication and successful execution (on time, on quality, and on budget)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and execute the long-term vision and strategic direction of the Horizon Program
- Drive continuous improvement of RPID development model, Key Performance Indicators and functional excellence
- Work with strategic development partners and suppliers to drive strategy development and execution
- Drives a Quality mindset into all aspects of software development ensuring we exceed customer and security expectations
- Incorporate innovation and differentiation into product development driving a competitive advantage into the Horizon platform portfolio of capabilities
- Effectively coordinate across multiple disciplines, a strong, open and collaborative work style, and customer mindset with the ability to translate business goals into requirements and action
- Development and review of software development budgets and ensuring they comply with defined departmental goals, guidelines, and objectives
- Lead establishment of new software development strategies for the organization
- Hire and develop great people; inspire passion in others
- Expects and drives innovation of her/his teams
- Ability to translate between being strategically minded and tactically focused to ensure team effectively executes critical enterprise deliverables/objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Ability to manage to budgets and assist in budget creation.
- Mentoring skills for managers and developers and ability to empower others.
- Ability to create and drive strategic plans.
- Resource planning and management including shifting and creation of resources.
- Creative thinking to approach problems from different perspectives.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution and mentoring. Ability to resolve escalations effectively. Must be able to speak to business and technical resources at different levels.
- Ability to create consensus through leadership attributes and actions.
- Past Director level experience
- Hands-on solutions architecture experience
- Cloud technology and application knowledge
- Cloud security knowledge
- Enterprise level experience with workflow and process automation
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top