Digital Communications Strategist, Innovation
At Asurion, we don'tjust redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewardsresults and isn't confined by hierarchy. As a result we have achievedphenomenal growth.
Today, this entrepreneurialspirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where ourteam members are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients,customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures thatevery team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
This role will sit atthe cutting edge of driving innovation and change for over 200 million Asurioncustomers. As part of the think tank at Asurion, our goal is to constantlytest, learn, and scale new and exciting products to our global organization.Our goal is to disrupt all aspects of our business and identify ways to changethe overall company direction.
The DigitalCommunications Strategist works within the Innovation Team and is responsiblefor creating content and communications to interact with our growing base ofexperts. This includes designing, writing, and creating content for emailcampaigns, text messages and more. The Digital Communications Strategist willalso be responsible for running A/B tests for effectiveness of communications. Ourgoal is to leverage communications to reinforce, change, or impact the behaviorof our experts.
What does a typicalday look like?
- Creates, writes, edits, and sends communications to experts including but not limited to email copy, text messages, app notifications, newsletters, blog posts, visuals, and more.
- Design, build, maintain, and modify email campaigns to impact expert behavior
- Provide expertise on email standards and best practices in design and communications
- Maintains positive working relationships with Innovation Team as well as with cross-functional teams
- Perform other duties as may be required or necessary
- Innovative - You drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new products and features to deliver against team and company goals. You challenge all members of cross-functional teams (engineering, design, etc.) to be bold and creative. You funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Divine Discontent - You recognize accomplishments but stay inspired by the next performance milestone
- Customer Devotion - You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our customers problems
- Debate, Commit, Execute - You start with the brutal facts, debate, decide then empower to execute
- Roll Up Your Sleeves - You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Stay Humble - You display quiet confidence, never arrogance
- Collaborative - You recognize the importance of your team and everyone around you to help drive results.
What you need to be ableto do:
- Research, write, and edit original email and text messaging copy
- Ability to provide thoughts on original content ideas that will help support thought leadership positioning, provide a good user experience, engage readers, and build excitement and a sense of community
- Ability to understand, design, change, and analyze impact of communication on expert behavior
- Ability to write about complex ideas in a simple yet thought-provoking way
- Develop and implement policies to maintain the desired look, feel and voice of the communications
- Develop content and copy for campaigns and user engagements purposes
- Bachelor's Degree in OR equivalent experience in Communications, or Marketing
- 4 years of content and/or communications experience
- Experience with behavioral design/loyalty preferred
- Develop and design media using Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
- Proficiency with email and text messaging communication platforms (Mailchimp, Twilio, Constant Contact, etc.)
- The rare opportunity to change the world in a way that everyone around you will be using the product that you designed and built. We are reinventing the way that people interact with their technology.
- Sharp, motivated, and driven co-workers in a startup office environment.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the organization and company as a whole.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, and do what you need to do in order to drive results.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top