- The DevOps Engineer is a functional expert in the field of Technology Engineering with knowledge of the AWS environment. The DevOps Engineer will analyze, document, test, and design web-based applications across the enterprise. The position will assist with the activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Development and Systems Engineering teams to define, configure, build, and maintain environments for Asurion-developed web applications
- Assist in the preparation and execution of deployments of new releases for web applications
- Provide expertise in monitoring and tuning AWS and on-premises environments to optimize web application performance
- Maintain operating system and security patch-levels for environments where web applications are running
- Provide technical support, trouble-shooting, corrective action, and service restoration in the event of service impairments for production processes and applications.
- 3 years of IT experience with a BSc degree in computer science or Information systems or a related field
- Experience developing against and working with REST API based services
- 3 Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- 3 Experience with Ngnix or Apache is a must.
- Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributed computing concepts
- Experience with Network side of troubleshooting (Ex: traceroute, dig)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Prior working experience with AWS Services (Beanstalk, ECS, Cloudformation..etc)
- Exposure to Web application development/technologies (Angular, NodeJs, React, Play, Scala)
- Exposure in CMS technologie like WordPress is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top