DevOps Engineer 3
We are looking foran ambitious DevOps engineer for our team to help us drive amazing resultsthroughout our organization. This role will be critical in improving ourability to manage and deploy cloud infrastructure as well as application codefaster, manage it more effectively and have a great understanding of oursystems as they affect our business. Working as part of a cross-functional teamthroughout the organization is critical to the success of this role. An idealcandidate for this role will have a blend of development and operationalexperience that provides them with empathy to have a good understanding of thedevelopers / software engineers they are working with, while also balancingcustomer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
Automate thedeployment, configuration and management of cloud infrastructure in AWS.
Stay on top of the most relevant, industry leading technologies and techniquesto ensure a streamlined, efficient and productive development and operationalenvironment.
Be a key person in resolving production related issues and ensuring we identifyand remediate the root cause of problems.
- BS in computer science or related; or equivalent work experience (3 - 5 years in software development / engineering and IT Operations)
- 3 years of Linux/Unix administration with at least 2 years in an environment with 500 Linux servers
- Strong experience with cloud service providers, particularly AWS but Azure is useful as well
- Strong experience with cloud monitoring technologies such as AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, etc
- Solid understanding of Docker containers
- Solid understanding and support microservices architecture
- Vast experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Vast experience with build tools such as Jenkins, ANT, Maven, and Gradle including ground up implementation
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (No SQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Knowledge of software version control systems such as SVN, GIT (GitHub/Gitlab), etc
- Knowledge and experience in implementing push button deployment at scale with zero downtime
- Experience working in large or complex projects
- Experience working as part of globally distributed team
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to code and script
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Process re-engineering
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all levels of the organization
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top