Dev/Ops Lead Engineer Support
Provide technical leadership and ownership of middleware/application platform technologies for application platforms (e.g. .NetFramework, JBoss, Apache, and Tomcat). Requires frequent coordination and communication with application developers, engineering teams, and operations support teams through the delivery of new systems into the environment. Define best practices for monitoring and maintaining system stability including creating ongoing maintenance activities to be performed by operations staff.
- Hands-on technical leadership and support for business user and customer issues and incidents regarding the Asurion platforms through to resolution
- Identify application reliability and availability improvements, and establish and build solutions to continue to drive an improved experience for our customers
- Manage, motivate and inspire team of Application Operations engineers in various US locations at 1st and 2nd level support, providing on-call and escalation services.
- Provide operational technical expertise to initiatives for the Asurion platform, data and applications, addressing a broad range of technologies including TIBCO, Pega, NodeJS, running Java / PHP / Python applications on Linux
- Triage, deep dive and troubleshoot complex issues in the Asurion application and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with development, Engineering, and Operation resources to provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives for system availability and reliability.
- Assist with environment setup, automation, and streamlining the standup and scaleout of infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting systems
- Build requisite automation for repetitive yet complex tasks and self-healing of systems through the use of scripts
- Identify opportunities to leverage and train 1st line support to prevent escalations in the future
- Continually drive for operational improvements and efficiencies
- Develop, manage and follow operational policies and procedures including documentation and training.
- Participation in weekend on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 4 years working experience in a DevOps related field.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar build/CI systems.
- Passionate about customer experience, service reliability and availability!
- 5 years of solid Technical engineer operations support experience dealing with global 24x7 application production sites, and experience managing such technical resources.
- At least 1 to 2 years each of in-depth support expertise for several of broad range technologies, including some of the following: Java applications running on Linux(RedHat/Apache), TIBCO, .NETFramework, Pega, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience with AWS
- Automation and instrumentation experience with at least two of Shell, Perl, Python and Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Absolutely essential to work in a collaborative working environment as an operational extension of Engineering, fast paced and with a high rate of change
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team, and managing such resources.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top