As a DevOps Engineer on the Web & Mobile Solutions team,you will be responsible for building and running the tools and servicesnecessary to quickly deliver infrastructure and platforms for our webproperties. You will be empowered to collaborate with your teammates to developsolutions to improve our capabilities as an organization to manage and deployinfrastructure and platforms in the cloud, as well as our capabilities as ateam to test and deploy our own underlying platforms and services. Workingcollaboratively to apply concepts such as test-driven design and continuousintegration are critical to the success of this role.
- Architect the future at Asurion: build next-gen deliveryservices to support Dev & Ops teams, decreasing application time to market
- Develop and integrate internal tools, services (such as RESTAPIs), and frameworks used to deliver code, platforms, and infrastructure on inthe cloud
- Work with your peers to build and maintain a standardizedCI/CD pipeline to build, test, and deploy our infrastructure, platforms, andcode
- Apply industry best practices and methodologies (ie"DevOps") towards systems management, treating infrastructure as code andtaking a systems-thinking approach in everything
- Teach others how to leverage best practices and the toolsyou've helped develop to integrate infrastructure/platforms into their ownCI/CD pipelines and speed up delivery of business value
- Stay on top of the most relevant, industry-leadingtechnologies and methods to ensure a streamlined, efficient, and productivedevelopment and operational environment
- Contribute to the open source community
- Maintain documentation for consumption by others
- Minimum 2 years experience, preferred 4 years, with DevOpstools like Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, BitBucket, etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience, preferred 4 years, with AWSServices (ECS, Cloudformation, Beanstalk, etc.)
- Exposure to Web application development/technologies (Angular,NodeJs, React, Play, Scala, Ngnix, Apache)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including loadbalancers, firewalls, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP, etc.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience with Network side of troubleshooting (Ex:traceroute, dig)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS upthrough custom applications
- Experience leading large, complex projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with a high degree ofintellectual curiosity
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologieson a daily basis
- BS / BA Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, orrelated field
- REST API development experience
- CI/CD pipeline design / build experience
- Docker / Kubernetes / Mesos / Atomic / CoreOS experience
- Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributedcomputing concepts
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top