Data Scientist Intern
It's an exciting time in the Data Science team at Asurion.If you are interested in making an impact within a growing privately heldcompany, this is a superb opportunity. We are targeting strong individuals witha passion to build capabilities & solve complex problems using advancedanalytics & data science by understanding the business domain &end-user experience. We are looking for ambitious technical minds alwayscraving the cutting edge of Machine Learning & AI to join us in the BigDataworld of connected devices & Internet of Things space.
- Individuals in this role identifies and addressescomplex business problems.
- Designs and drives the creation of new dataproducts and analytical capabilities embedded in multiple businessapplications.
- Gathers and analyzes large volumes of data,evaluates scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and supportsdecision making.
- Comfortable in using advanced statistical datamodeling techniques and tools.
- Uses business acumen to solution strategy androadmap problems and make best practice recommendations.
- Responsible for using analytic techniques likeadvanced data visualizations, machine learning, Natural Language Processing andlarge scale optimization to improve Asurion's wireless and retail customers'experiences.
- Work closely with product managers to identifyand answer important product questions that help improve outcomes.
- Interpret problems and provide solutions usingappropriate data modeling techniques
- Develop prototypes for new data product ideasusing Machine Learning, Deep Learning & AI.
- Design large scale models using LogisticRegression, Decision Trees, Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-seriesmodels , and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Utilize Natural Language Processing to analyzespeech and social data.
- Communicate findings to product managers anddevelopment groups.
- Drive the collection of new data and therefinement of existing data.
- Analyze and interpret the results of productexperiments.
- Regularly invents new and novel approaches toproblems; Takes initiative and breaks down barriers to solve problems;recognized within team as the source of solutions.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex,high-volume, high dimensionality data from multiple sources.
- A strong passion for empirical research and foranswering hard questions with data.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitativeanalysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Master's or PhD preferably in an engineering,statistics, technology or science role.
- Analytics - Familiarity with common advancedanalysis tools - SQL, Python, R, SAS are preferred.
- Demonstrate familiarity (work experience, Githubaccount) with OOP concepts. Python, Java, Scala skills is a big plus.
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP experienceand also working in Hadoop and/or Spark environment.
- Ability to ask and tackle the most importantanalytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
- Driven and focused self-starters, greatcommunicators, amazing follow-through- you aggressive tackle your workand love the responsibility of being individually empowered
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top