Customer Service & Repair Technician
- Toronto, Canada
The uBreakiFix Technician is responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payments and making change for customers in retail store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confers with customers to determine the nature of problems or to explain repairs.
- Disassembles entertainment equipment and repairs or replaces loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools.
- Fixes devices, processes cracked glass, tests devices before and after repairs.
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Calculate sales discount to determine price.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
- Keep the showroom clean and orderly.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency.
- Electronic Repair Proficiency.
- Technical Aptitude.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners. There are also proprietary equipment and software provided by OEM partners as well as electronic equipment such as solder stations and other electronic device warming tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently life and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Monday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check including Criminal and Motor Vehicle Records report.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous retail or customer service experience.
Back to top