Critical Facilities Engineer II
- This position is responsible for providing guidance and support for Asurion's East coast Data Center mission-critical infrastructure.
- SDC, VP2, VP3, Altoona, Bridgewater NJ, Moncton Canada, Montreal Canada.
Primary duties will include complete span of control over all mechanical electrical plant (MEP) fire and physical security systems. This position will provide oversight for installation and preventative maintenance of MEP systems and equipment, plus prepare systems capacity analysis reports for the entire Enterprise technology space portfolio.
- Primary Job Duties
- Coordinating with the Critical Systems Support Sr. Managerto identify opportunities to enhance reliability and minimize risks related toAsurion's critical infrastructure across the entire portfolio of technologyspaces
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of criticalinfrastructure capacity, site utilization and overall operational performance.
- Coordinate with the Critical Systems Support Sr. Manager,IT Change Management and appropriate business units and site personnel, toensure that construction activity in "production" environments is performedcorrectly and without risk.
- Provide coordination for all vendors, partners,engineering or manufacture representatives providing critical infrastructureoperations services to Asurion technology spaces.
- Review selections of data center MEP equipment forcompleteness, accuracy, and appropriateness and make recommendations forapproval or alternative selections.
- Provide input into the critical infrastructure design,build, preventative maintenance, event and commissioning process.
- Provide project management support for operation andmaintenance of critical infrastructure in the areas of mechanical, electrical,plant and fire suppression systems
- Manage and maintain critical infrastructure documentation,specifically within the focus areas of mechanical, electrical, plant operationsand fire suppression systems. The successful candidate will ensure alldocumentation adheres to company policies, industry standards and bestpractices.
- Associate Degree or journeyman status in mechanical orelectrical field along with 5 years' experience installing or supporting datacenter MEP critical systems is strongly preferred.
- Superior writing, editing, and communication skills.
- 3 or more years' experience in a technology space/ data centerenvironment
- Strong knowledge of mission critical power systems i.e.the power path from generator through rack-based equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupledwith excellent customer service execution focus would be a key plus
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Visio and other reportingapplications will be a key requirement
- Work on weekends, evenings, and non-traditional hours willbe part of the job environment. Candidate will be expected to respond toemergency conditions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Some travel will be required on a quarterly, or as neededbasis. (Altoona PA, Nashville TN, Bridgewater NJ, Moncton Canada, MontrealCanada)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top