Reporting to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel for Corporate Affairs, the Corporate Paralegal will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and coordination of records related to the company's numerous domestic and international subsidiaries. This role will also assist attorneys with projects on an as needed basis.
- Maintenance of the corporate records for all global corporate entities and their various documents in GEMs and SharePoint
- Drafting a wide range of global corporate secretarial documents including resolutions, written consents, minutes and correspondence under the direction of the Vice President, Associate General Counsel for Corporate Affairs
- Coordinating signatures and filing of a wide range of global corporate secretarial documents
- Assisting in the formation and dissolution of legal entities, including working with outside counsel in the US and abroad
- Responding to requests from internal and external sources as necessary
- Assisting the Vice President, Associate General Counsel for Corporate Affairs as needed in day-to-day activities, including general administrative support, as required by business and legal needs
- Performing a variety of paralegal and legal department administrative duties
- Other duties and projects, as required by business and legal needs
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic background required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a paralegal in a top law firm and/or large company setting (both preferred).
- At least 1 year of corporate paralegal experience required
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; proficiency in Visio and experience with SharePoint, or other document management software required
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and be flexible
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision and rapidly shifting priorities
- Experience with drafting board resolutions, secretary certificates and other legal documents strongly preferred
- Ability to perform legal research in LexisNexis and /or Westlaw.
- Knowledge of legal terminology
- Broad background with exposure to a variety of issues, as the person in this role will deal with a wide array of matters
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top