Computer Help Desk Technician
Are you looking for a Help Desk careerin a dynamic and friendly environment?
We have the position for you!
ComputerHelp Desk Technician
For two decades, Asurion has led thetechnology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premiersupport solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications toprotect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost,stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leadingwireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus ontheir businesses and to provide services that delight their customers.Asurion's 14,000 employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs ofmore than 280 million consumers. For more information about Asurion, includingcustomer service ratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement,please visit www.asurion.com.
Our Downtown location offers employees a dynamic environment inthe heart of Montreal, easily accessible by public transport, where mutualrespect is our main priority. We offer flexible hours, advancement opportunities,excellent working conditions and great benefits (collective insurance plan,pension fund, flex days, reimbursement of monthly pass for publictransportation, and many more).
As a Computer Help DeskTechnician, your main duties consist of handling telephone calls and e-mailrequests from customers who need assistance with troubleshooting computers andperipherals.
- Provide technical assistance and education to customers via telephone, remote access applications on computer and peripheral related issues (i.e. basic anti-virus/spyware/grayware protection, basic application operation, wireless applications and data backup)
- Troubleshoot via phone, software and operating system problems/failures to identify hardware/software related failures. Formulate and communicate resolutions for computer issues. This includes peripheral equipment such as, but not limited to, monitors, keyboards, and printers/all in-one multifunction
- Identify customer's behavior that puts their system at risk. Make suitable recommendations to prevent vulnerabilities and repeat customer contact
- Arrange appropriate service for hardware failure through approved service outlets
- Assist in escalated matters from customers and service providers
- Make recommendations for improvements to Help Desk operations
- Perfectly bilingual in English and French
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience and/or call center experience
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communication skills
- A working knowledge of PC hardware/software troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze and solve problems pertaining to hardware and software on home and small office computer systems
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows
- Positivism, dynamism, team spirit
- Available to work day or evening shifts, weekdays and weekends
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top