Chief Security Officer
The Chief Security Officer develops the strategy for and directs the organization's Security Program, including but not limited to vulnerability & exposure management; information security monitoring, analysis, and incident response; investigations & data forensics; penetration testing; and security metrics and reporting. Provide effective leadership to the governing body for Privacy, Risk, and Compliance.
The CSO will be responsible for the oversight of the daily operations ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and access of electronic protected information and of monitoring program compliance. The CSO will also oversee investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches in compliance with state, federal, and global laws. Candidate must be a strategic and innovative thinker who has built and led a successful Information Security organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, implements and maintains policies and processes, enabling consistent, effective information security practices.
- Ensure compliance with industry, regulatory and contractual security requirements of all products, customers and jurisdictions
- Establish strong, strategic teams that align with Product Development in order to build security measures during the product build cycle.
- Direct programs that will minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Collaborates with leadership to initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster information security awareness within the organization.
- Lead a global security team to foster growth and continued maturation of various security programs in the organization
- Creates a culture of physical and information security within the organization and driving behavioral changes for the business. Oversees, develops and/or delivers initial and ongoing security training to the workforce. Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization and related entities
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to evaluate the risk in the context of the organization and to mitigate risk
- Ensure that the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access control needs of the organization are addressed.
- Ensures the organization complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Oversee acquisition, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of global security infrastructure across broad spectrum of technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems or a related field
- Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in an information security field
- 10+ years leading various aspects of security, with 8+ years as a senior leader for a global company operating in a regulated industry
- Strong management presence with ability to influence local and remote personnel at many levels (including executive) across the business
- Strong communicator with demonstrated collaboration, analytical, & problem-solving skills to achieve business goals
- Highest ethical standards and sense of propriety is a must
- Solid expertise in cloud security, platforms and services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), and their applicability to securing a SaaS for enterprise security requirements
Back to top