Business Data Analyst 2
Would you like the chance to build large-scale, global platforms thattouch the lives of over 200 million customers? How about spending yourdays creating innovative solutions to make our customers' personal technologyfunction at its best?
Located in Sterling, Virginia, the Horizon team at Asurion isdeveloping customized solutions in partnership with other technology teams thattouch more than 18,000 customers per day in the US alone, and collaborating oncutting-edge big data platforms that provide analytics and insights that driveour business objectives. We are responsible for developing technicalsolutions and applications that are used by Asurion's partners, includingtop-tier retailers, communication providers, and entertainment distributors.
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for developing functionalcompetency in analyzing and evaluating present and proposed procedures and datato design business-aligned solutions. The Analyst works individually and aspart of a team to assist with obtaining, troubleshooting, clarifying,documenting and translating detailed business rule specifications to supportconstruction of business features with the Horizon Customer Care platform. The Analyst works directly with internal customers, vendors, and other analyststo diagnose, resolve, implement, and document appropriate solutions for avariety of technical requirements. Responsibilities also include working withtechnical implementation teams to ensure business requirements are fulfilledwhile assisting end users and development teams to establish acceptancecriteria. The ideal candidate is a technically-minded self-starter who can workwell under pressure and balance competing priorities in a fun, results-orientedwork environment.
What does it take to do this job?
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention todetail and accuracy.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries across multiple tables and databases.
- Strong background with Relational Databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability todistill complex business issues into easily understandable terms for a varietyof audiences — you're a people person!
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to proactively turn that curiosityinto action.
- Desire to learn, be challenged, innovate, and teach others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability and willingness to engage inmany different and simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and meet clientdeadlines.
- Essential Functions
- Respond and resolve production defects within SLAs.
- Well versed in defining requirements, developing use cases, projectartifacts & documentation, managing issue logs, benchmarking data, andanalysis & testing phases of the SDLC.
- Can author data scripts to add, update or modify data configurations insupport of client program configurations.
- Assists with the development, coordination, and implementation of plansto test business, data and functional processes.
- Identifies, reviews, and corrects data inconsistencies as part oftesting or change requests.
- Continuously audits data and processes to identify productivity andinnovation opportunities.
- Assists with the definition of automation tools to improve data entry,analysis and reporting.
- Provides general support for assigned applications by reviewing systemproblem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effectiveroot-cause analysis and resolution.
- Works on focused tasks within an agile team framework to support theprogram and platform objectives.
- Performs data investigation/analysis across multiple systems.
- Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business datachanges while adhering to data change management best practices.
- Participates in training support activities such as documentationauthoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery.
- Will profile data as input to source to target transformation rules andprovide data mapping artifacts.
- Rapidly analyze data sets from different sources; identify datarelationships, business rules, data characteristics and business process gaps.
- Motivation to learn new analytical techniques and to seek ways tocreatively drive the creation of data quality scorecards based on stakeholderrequirements.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to define and prioritizerequirements by drawing out key business insights to provide actionablerecommendations.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data fordeficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or raisingdiscrepancies to the business owners to understand and resolve issues withtechnical or functional solutions and communicating with stakeholders on aregular basis with status reports.
- BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, InformationManagement or Statistics
- 2 years of analyst or operations experience required, 4 yearspreferred
- Experience in the Insurance or Financial industry is desired
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Node.JS, AWS, Kibana, TIBCO, Pega
- Must have SQL/Oracle experience or other query language
- Strong quantitative ability in statistics, mathematics, or financialanalysis
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools
- Experiences Gained
- Detailed knowledge of techniques for applying transaction data and aperspective on big data strategies.
- Exposure to a dynamic and successful Agile team and an opportunity tocontribute to its success.
- Experience presenting ideas and projects to senior-level members andclients.
- Enhanced understanding of insurance support services program, includingthe concepts of consumer targeting and customer journey.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and informationneeds.
- Opportunity to play an important role in client interfacing andmanagement.
- Knowledge in data visualization and business ethnography in customerbehavior.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top