The SoftwareAutomation Engineer joins a Technology team developing the next generation technologiesused to detect and prevent fraud. This team member must be a Technologist atheart with a focus on defining and implementing innovative test automationsolutions. Successful engineers in this position have an innate drive to gain adeep understanding of our business domain so they can contribute beyond thetraditional Automation role.
TheSoftware Automation Engineer is a functional expert in the field of softwarequality assurance and automated testing as it relates to the businessobjectives of Asurion. The position will perform test case automation,identify and analyze software defects, and generate related quality reports. Additionally, the Software Automation Engineerwill assist with the creation and enhancement of test automation processes andprocedures. The Software Automation Engineer will participate in all testautomation related activities for approved projects, system improvements, andad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Develops automated testing scripts and code modules for testingautomation
- Quickly and accurately performs troubleshooting and repair ofexisting test scripts
- Executes functional tests using automation tools and reportsresults using defined process and resources
- Reports defects using the defined reporting process
- Assists in integrating on-shore and off-shore automation code
- Assists with creation of automation processes and procedures withinput from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashionfollowing established standards and techniques. Shows a strong attention todevelopment detail, produces high-quality code.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure adherence to establishedcoding and architectural standards
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion’s applications and systemintegration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipatecross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Performs scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within thedepartment’s scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion’s inter-departmentalprocesses and procedures
- Provides proper status notifications and updates
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 yearsof software application development and testing experience
- 2-3 years hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Proficiency with Cucumber-Selenium test automation tools
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Experience operating in an Agile Scrum environment
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) andrelational database structures
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems. Abilityto work independently to remove roadblocks.
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, andanalytical style using fact-based metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with JMeter, SoapUI, Load Runner, Jasmine automationtools, etc.
- Experience with service level or API level automation testing
- Experience with automated performance or load testing
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence,and Crucible
- Proficiency in Release Management and Testing processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Jenkinsautomation experience is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java,C#, HTML, XML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and DBMS (e,g SQLServer, Oracle)
- Experience testing applications in both Windows and Linuxenvironments
Back to top