This role is involved with strategic financial planning andunderwriting performance assessment of Asurion Retail's Extended ServiceContract (ESC) portfolio. The Actuarial Analyst will analyze and projectperformance of medium-to-long term ESC business, develop and maintain lossdevelopment factors, and project and refine revenue earning patterns.
- Perform analyses (purchase cohort andearned/incurred bases) to assess the health of individual retailer ESC programsand combined insurer portfolios. Assist in communicating findings &forecasts to team-members, cross-functional partners (e.g. FP&A, accounting),and Asurion's insurers.
- Prepare and maintain loss development factorsand risk reserve earnings patterns for term exposures ranging from 1-year to Lifetime
- Assist in development of the Annual OperatingPlan (AOP) and associated variance analysis
- Assist with presentation and justification ofre-rating proposals to Asurion's insurers
- Maintain divine discontent with the status quoand identify / implement improvements to processes, standards, and workproducts
- Maintain strong customer relationships withfocus on transparency and collaboration
Required Hard/Soft Skills:
- Completion of two (2) to three (3) Society ofActuaries (SOA) or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams
- Actively pursuing actuarial designations (SOA orCAS)
- 1-5 years of related professional experience
- Exceptional problem solver
- Strictly attentive to detail with ability tomulti-task and innovate in fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Ability to create effective/compellingpresentations and summaries
- Expert in MS Excel (including VBA), MS Access,SQL, and relational database data structures
- Experience as a business partner tonon-actuarial functions
- Experience in extended warranty business
- Experience in retail, consumer electronics,major home appliance or wireless industries
- Expertise with advanced modeling software,languages, and tools (e.g. R, Tableau, Python, etc.)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top