Plant Engineer/Maintenance Engineer - Press
General Scope of Responsibilities: Set systems in place to improve equipment reliability and effectiveness throughout the facility to satsify manufacturing and customer requirements.
Requirements: Engineering degree but will consider a four year technical degree with the appropriate experience
Skills: Excellent communication skills, project management skills, participative management style, results oriented, strong leadership
Description of Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the safe operations of the plant, equipment and people.
- Recommend, implement and maintain organizational changes in Maintenance to improve effectiveness
- Identifies staffing and resources needs for the Maintenance Department
- Implement and optimize programs such as preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and continuous equipment improvement to eliminate unplanned maintenance downtime
- Implement program to provide documentation and training to improve effectiveness of equipment diagnosis and repairs
- Participate in developing annual capital spending plans
- Manage capital and major expenses projects
- Paritcipate and recommend in purchasing of new equipment
- Design/re-design equipment to improve reliability and effectiveness
- Develop relationships with OEM's to utilize their expertise and to be familiar with new technology applicable to AJ's operations
- Develop goals for equipment reliability improvements, develop tactical plans to achieve those goals and establish metrics for success
- Communicate weekly and monthly issues and initiatives to site management and affected associates within the business
- Ensure engineering and maintenance departments carry out activities in accordance with the AJ Lean Production System and ISO
Meet Some of AstenJohnson's Employees
Supply Chain Manager
Brad prides himself on making the right fabric at the right time. He rearranges schedules across plants to produce exceptional products at the exact time they’re needed.
Back to top