Maintenance Manager / Manufacturing Engineer
General Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for promoting change and work in a team environment. They must be a self-starter who is attentive to detail, trustworthy, and takes pride in workmanship. This individual is also rresponsible for the safe and effective operation of the plant to accomplish manufacturing and strategic business objectives by applying Lean Manufacturing concepts.
This position must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the values of the company in a positive manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the Maintenance Department ensuring they are servicing plant equipment through efficient and safe use of maintenance tools and procedures.
- Schedule and document Preventative Maintenance in timely manner
- Coordinate sub-contractor work upon request
- Promote safety first and coordinate safety needs/projects
- Coordinate Maintenance activities to support the production plan and meet customer needs.
- Leading various process improvement initiatives
- Understand customer quality standards and apply them to make daily decisions throughout the plant.
- Processing of all necessary paperwork (shift book-ups, vacations, spoilage reports, production changes, length checks, fabric reworks, cast sheets, cut-up sheets, etc.).
- Facilitating team meetings for associates.
- Troubleshooting manufacturing problems, as needed.
- Responsible for determining staffing levels and overtime needs to meet customer
- Responsible for developing a staff of highly engaged employees; fostering associate involvement and leading a team of associates.
- Review and communicate performance standards to associates as often as necessary to ensure accountability and effective execution.
- Actively role model behaviors necessary to achieve enhanced productivity and improve our customer service.
- Invite and accept feedback from others and provide upward feedback.
- Responsible for own individual development and improvement in leadership.
- Understanding and administering company and departmental policies consistently to ensure compliance.
- Interpret and communicate overall company purpose, Lean Performance Indicators, and progress as it relates to the department's production goals. Cascade information.
- Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, coaching and honest feedback through coaching meetings, Development reviews, Performance reviews and informal coaching.
- Utilize progressive discipline practices to address sub-standard performance in a timely
- Carry out progressive discipline and documentation with the support of the Manufacturing Manager and HR.
- Ensure that all associates' scheduled audits are carried out in an efficient, timely, consistent, and accurate manner.
- Responsible for preparation of work schedules, reviewing and approving attendance (working and non-working hours) in both Kronos and on associates' timesheets (updating time and attendance information, such as vacation time and multiple loom hours, as required).
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance, repairs and other facility needs with assistance of the Maintenance Team Leader and maintenance staff.
- Responsible for any additional duties and or responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred. 2 years of Supervisory experience or an experiential equivalency of 3- 5 years.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate and develop staff.
- Ability to learn, understand, and lead complex operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the forming manufacturing process.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer and office software, JD Edwards a plus.
- Demonstrated accuracy and problem solving skills within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous Union experiences a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand lean manufacturing concepts and blitz experience.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment involving exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials and air conditioning.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for 8 hours per day
- Ability to type at a computer for 8 hours per day
This person will supervise and coach the all plants associates, as needed.
Must be fluent in English
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of AstenJohnson's Employees
Supply Chain Manager
Brad prides himself on making the right fabric at the right time. He rearranges schedules across plants to produce exceptional products at the exact time they’re needed.
Back to top