Windows Server Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Windows/VMware/ systems engineer who is looking to join our growing team. We are a high functioning IT team, running on a highly virtualized environment, leveraging various system technologies, to create a high speed, highly available platform. We are looking for a high level engineer with experience in Windows, storage, virtualization and Cisco UCS hardware, with experience creating HA platforms across multiple datacenters. We value technical excellence, a desire and ability to both learn and to mentor others above all else. You will have multiple architects, including a dedicated Windows architect to learn from as well as share your respective experience in a highly collaborative environment. You will also have Windows server and desktop admins and helpdesk staff that you will share your experience and help mentor.
- Providing technical leadership and support for a sophisticated, knowledgeable technically-driven organization.
- Provide near term support and long term influence on direction, design, and implementation on Windows/VMware/Cisco UCS environment across multiple facilities.
- Partner with resident Storage Engineering folks to continue to find best-of-breed mechanisms for enabling HA/DR availability across multiple datacenters.
- Continue to provide and innovate by way of cutting-edge tooling and technologies to better enable technical support staff and end-users.
- Review performance metrics and recommend tuning strategies across Microsoft-oriented environments.
- Responsible for helping drive projects which may require cross departmental coordination to achieve goals.
- Ensure solutions are appropriately meeting defining standards that adhere to regulatory compliance, Incident Management, Problem - - Management and Change Management processes.
Skills & Experience
- Windows Server (Microsoft Clustering)
- MS Active Directory
- VMware Virtualization
- Cisco UCS Server Technologies
- Basic / intermediate networking experience
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- SCCM experience
- Networking (Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers)
- Relevant Microsoft certifications are also a plus
- 5+ Years of existing corporate Windows systems engineering/administration experience, preferably at a senior role, or demonstrated progression towards high-function level.
- Strong Technical background of systems administration in technically progressive environments and/or mindset.
- Ability to function in a high-speed environment.
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Ascendum's approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top