Senior Java Developer
This role will be part of the exciting new Digital team. This is a highly innovative team situated Blue Ash, Ohio. The team consists of Mobile, eCommerce and Customer facing site solutions that will provide customers with a world class digital and mobile shopping experience. This is a new and exciting environment with a “start-up”, innovative culture and the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of digital shopping.
- In-depth experience with web development standards and best practices to build efficient cross-browser web applications from mockups and maintain existing websites
- Experience in introducing new technologies and exploring open source solutions to solve problems
- Demonstrated experience with developing RESTful web services in an enterprise production environment
- Demonstrated experience with unit and performance testing of web services
- Demonstrated experience in creating and utilizing REST and SOAP-based web service clients
- Demonstrated experience in the mechanisms of enterprise software development including source control, repositories, Wikis, continuous integration and the like
- Demonstrated experience designing and architecting scalable and resilient enterprise software
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and pair programming is a plus
- Familiarity with NOSQL databases (SOLR, Cassandra, MongoDB) is a plus
- Willingness and availability to be a part of a 24/7 production support team on a rotating basis
- Java 8 , Spring Boot, Gradle, Maven, Tomcat, Cassandra, SOLR UI /
- Docker, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Teamcity.
Operating System: Linux.
- The above is the tech stack for almost all projects at Digital currently. If someone is a full stack dev, the expectation is that he/she will have familiarity with some of the above technologies.
- Typically Java, Spring, Gradle might be the most important. If not, they might have to be exceptionally good with the basics of Java or any other programming language. There are times when they have taken on .NET developers even though there is no .NET project because he/she was just a very good developer.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 10 or more years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Extensive experience with Project planning.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Extensive experience with technical task estimation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years experience in Java/J2EE development including system architecture design, application functionality and design, development, testing, and deployment
- Ability to think strategically and help development/architect teams for strategies and tactics that produce fast turnaround
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. AscendumÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â€ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â™s approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
- Health and Dental benefits to all consultants.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top