Ascendum Solutions is looking for a Scrum Master in Cincinnati, OH. This is a consulting engagement.
Note - At this time, we are open to candidates local to Cincinnati or nearby areas only. In-person interview will be required
The Scrum Master (SM) fits into this framework as one who makes customers’ lives easier by working with Product Owners and facilitating a product development team that uses the agilesoftware development framework, with the ability to respond swiftly to change, while allowing for customer input along the way. The team will be developing web, mobile and database applications aimed at delivering data analytics and customer insights using a variety of technologies. The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring delivery methodology values are understood and enacted by coaching and mentoring the Scrum Team on delivery methodology, practices, and rules and ensuring they adhere to them. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the development team and ensures clear communication and organization of all team objectives. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's sprint goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team. In addition, the SM will be responsible for facilitating ceremonies and mediating conflict within the team. The Scrum Master role is a full-time role that requires the individual to work with one agile team.
- Acts as a Scrum Master for one agile team
- Work with the Release Tran Engineer (RTE) or Agile Program Manager (APM), and Product Managers to drive the definition and refinement of the program and team backlogs
- Escalate to leadership where needed and where possible remove impediments for the team(s)
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on team-level progress and quality
- Works with RTE/ APM and other Scrum Masters to drive continuous improvement for the Release Train or program.
- Act as a liaison to assist the team in managing dependencies between the team and third parties, release managers, or between the team and other agile teams.
- Provide real time feedback to the RTE/APM based on experiences with the teams
- Work cross functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
- Be a change agent and foster a learn by doing environment
Critical Requirements / Knowledge / Skills
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis or Project Management operating in an Agile Scrum environment
- 1+ years experience working in an agile environment
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I)
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum & Kanban) best practices.
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Ascendum's approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top