Mortgage Underwriter - Team Manager
Ascendum is seeking for a potential Mortgage Underwriter - Team Manager to join our team.
Underwriter Team Manager Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of underwriters.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring of Underwriters.
- Motivate and coach underwriting team in achieving branch goals.
- Monitor reports for the purpose of identifying positive and negative trends in productivity within the underwriting department.
- Manage pipeline to ensure loans are approved and then cleared-to-close within the expected turn-times.
- Engage in verbal and written communication with clients and Sales team.
- Effectively communicate to the underwriting department about company changes to policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of FNMA, and FMLMC documentation and general guidelines/standards. Additionally, experience with FHA, VA and USDA required.
- Evaluate and analyze complex income tax returns to establish qualifying income.
- Help with underwriting overflow when required on initial underwrites, re-underwrites and conditions being submitted for files to be cleared-to-close.
- Participate in developing process improvements and efficiencies as an ongoing best practice.
- Conduct periodic loan-level audits to ensure compliance with all company quality standards.
- Lead, guide, mentor and train entire underwriting department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Current underwriting experience in the mortgage industry is a must
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring and overseeing loan production pipeline
- Ability to understand and make recommended changes to standard operating procedures
- Capability of multi-tasking in fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Ascendum's approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top