The Encompass Developer will oversee and be responsible for overall full systems development life cycle of Encompass LOS. The Encompass Developer will aim to achieve system optimization and improvement goals by designing and implementing the overall information systems architecture, developing custom applications and integrations, managing and maintaining the integrity of the code base, and actively participating in the creation and implementation of appropriate software development and project management processes.
- Achieves application integration operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing proposed changes
- Defines application integration architecture by analyzing information requirements; determining systems architecture, components, and technologies; studying business operations and user-interface requirements; directing development of physical database
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Encompass and other integrated applications
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility by developing analytical models; completing validation tests; defining key performance metrics
- Improves information usefulness by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements
- Prepare proof-of-concepts of architecturally significant uses cases or integrations
- Lead technical project risk reviews
- Ensure implementations follow best practices, methodologies, and published design patterns
- Persuasively present proposed architectures to technical and non-technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Senior Software Engineer or similar role
- Minimum 2-3 years of administration, configuration, and development experience for all features of Encompass LOS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing solutions using Visual Studio, the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0+, and related technologies, patterns, frameworks, and protocols
- Knowledge of unit testing suites such as NUnit
- Experience consuming, developing/deploying RESTful web services and APIs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with popular database management systems such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle – writing and optimizing SQL queries, performance tuning, and some administrative tasks as needed.
- Familiarity with the git source control system and related concepts
- Applied experience with Agile development methodologies, Scrum experience a plus.
- Logical and physical data modeling
- Backup and restore processes
- High availability and failover schemes design and implementation
- Experience with financial systems development and maintenance
- Loan Origination Systems experience is a plus
- Experience integrating COTS software with custom written components
- Applied experience in SOA/EAI/ESB patterns and frameworks
- Ability to work independently to meet project requirements with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Team player with a selfless attitude
- Applied experience developing solutions that have had to scale due to increased transaction and data volume
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Ascendum's approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top