Ascendum is seeking for Conventional Underwriter to join our amazing company.
Conventional Mortgage Underwriters
- Verifies the accuracy and completeness of all information on disclosures provided by Retail and TPO Loan Officers, to include 1003 Application, Loan Estimate, Change of Circumstance, Intent to Proceed and other federal/state disclosures, and meets established lender and regulatory guidelines.
- Mortgage underwriters are responsible in deciding to approve or suspend client’s mortgage loans according to relevant information being provided at their loan applications.
- A mortgage underwriter verifies employment along with income information, provide reviews on credit history and compute the borrower’s assets and collaterals.
- They ensure that the specifications of properties and terms of loans meet the requirements of the financial institution and with the government regulations.
- Once loan applications have been thoroughly evaluated and assessments have been made to determine the degree of risk, mortgage underwriters will then document the relevant reasons for the approval or suspension of loans and add the following documentation into its loan file.
- Loan files are then returned to a loan committee that reviews it accordingly.
- Monitor pipeline to ensure timely disclosure to borrower once all required information is received for application.
- Verifies that correct loan template was used, all required fees have been included and Settlement Service Provider is accurately completed.
- Communicates re-disclosed documentation in accordance with federal and state regulations and upload into LOS.
Qualifications (Includes education, certifications, experiences, etc.):
- 1 or more years of recent mortgage compliance, auditing, loss mitigation or underwriting experience.
- Possess a working knowledge of loan documentation and related compliance issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A strong customer service orientation while demonstrating prioritization, organization, and multi-tasking skills with a sense of urgency.
About Ascendum Solutions:
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Our approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in the heart of Bangalore, India, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
Back to top