Vice President, Global Services
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
ASCAP is seeking a Vice President, Global Services to lead, manage, support and mentor the Global Member Services team for the purpose of providing exceptional service to ASCAP members, International Partner Societies and other ASCAP parties.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
The position will be responsible for the end- to-end Member Service experience and will be expected to recommend and implement process improvements and strategic workflow solutions to create a best in class member experience. Working directly with the EVP & COO and other members of the senior management team, the position will escalate issues for high-profile member matters to come to a satisfactory and timely resolution. This position will support the operating and strategic projects in assessing member needs, as well as driving the creation and implementation of improved processes for the Global Member Services team.
Management and Development:
- Mentor and support Global Member Services team to ensure overall success against Organizational Goals, monthly benchmarks and performance standards
- Recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
- Foster collaboration within team and across departments
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Developing and monitoring individual performance measurement standards
- Responsible for preparing the Global Member Services annual budget and the appropriate periodic review of financial activities against the approved annual budget.
- Align with senior management leadership team around key metrics and operating objectives
- Serve as the leading voice of the team and act as a member experience advocate in considering decisions.
- Establish member experience benchmarks across key areas of member interaction.
- Create new training content to support new product launches
- Manage escalated member issues
- Analytical - contribute an analytical understanding of current customer member vs. past trends at a detail level.
- Develop and support recommendations that influence Member and Society satisfaction and the value of ASCAP services
- Create streamlined processes and identify opportunities for continuous improvement through clear feedback loops from internal and external customers and team members
- Provide leadership and integration through successful coordination/collaboration with Digital Product & Information Systems development teams to drive a product roadmap and system improvements for better services and internal productivity
- Member Self Service platforms – best in class CRM practices
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal member and society experience
- Deployment of best in class Interactive Voice Response system
- Collaborate with cross departmental team in design and deployment of new member inquiry management system
- Provide leadership by partnering with Sr. Management to establish efficiencies and continuity between call center functions and other departments.
- Measure effectiveness of service success with established metrics for internal staff which motivates excellent job performance
- Inspire service success across company
- Align with Marketing around messaging and new product implementation
Member and Society Service:
- Support EVP, International in the maintenance of relationships with international societies on behalf of ASCAP
- Support EVP, Membership in the dialogue related to member inquiries and areas of concern
- Ensure effective handoffs between Global Member Services team and domestic and foreign distribution teams that handle the day-to-day administrative process to resolve member issues
- Maintain positive relationships with leadership teams throughout the organization to ensure effective communication and process for improving response times to ASCAP members and societies
- Coordinate strategic initiatives with Membership team as well as service specific high-profile members within these areas
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in leading a Member, Customer, or Client services team; Member services preferred.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness.
- Analytical, process oriented and effective and creative problem solver.
- Ability to enthusiastically manage influence through negotiation and consensus building.
Meet Some of ASCAP's Employees
Senior Director of Strategy & Business Development
Dana works with the Strategy and Business Development Team to help ASCAP formulate strategy and enact its forward-thinking plans, aligning the organization with partners around the world.
Back to top