The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
In an effort to provide superior service to our internal and external customers, the Repertory Representative is responsible for the analysis, research, reconciliation and maintenance of the ASCAP repertory. As a result, ASCAP members and foreign affiliated parties are payable with each quarterly distribution.
- Perform research and update work records based on the quality review of works at first performance
- Take appropriate action related to works and agreements in an effort to resolve member inquiries
- This includes but is not limited to work updates, resolving registration discrepancies, and submission of royalty based adjustment
- Follow-up on inquiry assignments and respond to all phone calls and e-mail in line with department guidelines.
- Participate in quality control checking projects
- The team member provides assistance outside the normal workload and is expected to identify & recommends quality based improvements
- They are expected to provide administrative support for the team by preparing team totals, facilitate meetings, taking minutes, and supporting new team members
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Follow written guidelines to resolve routine copyright related questions and refer uncertain matters to higher level staff
- Customer service oriented
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to deduce resolutions by using ASCAP data and logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing and on the phone
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Access)
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program
Meet Some of ASCAP's Employees
Senior Director of Strategy & Business Development
Dana works with the Strategy and Business Development Team to help ASCAP formulate strategy and enact its forward-thinking plans, aligning the organization with partners around the world.
Back to top