Microsoft Engineer (Contract)
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We out-think ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
The Microsoft Engineer is responsible for the day to day maintenance and support of ASCAP’s systems. The Microsoft Engineer authors original code solutions and troubleshoots existing components to address business requirements. Microsoft Engineers work directly with ASCAP business customers in an Agile development environment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- 5 or more years of experience with Object Oriented design principles, Transact-SQL, and writing complex queries and stored procedures
- 5 or more years of experience working with or creating web applications, web services, Windows Applications, Windows Services, Multi-tier applications
- Ability to work effectively with Visual Studio 2010+, .Net Framework 3.5+, Visual Studio 6.0+, SQL Server 2008+, WCF, Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work across a variety of Operating Systems including Windows 2010, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows XP
- Ability to work with large amounts of data in Excel or CSV format especially where used for import and export operations
- Experience working with Sitecore CMS or similar, E-commerce tools, and web development platforms across modern browsers
- Experience working as a member of a an Agile or Scrum team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as relates to conveying technical concepts
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
What We Love About You:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Back to top