International Distribution Matching and Adjustment Analyst
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 650,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
The International Distribution Matching and Adjustment Analyst is responsible for correctly matching performance data sent by foreign societies and, in general, ensuring that royalties from foreign societies are distributed to ASCAP members and process internal members’ adjustments as accurately and timely as possible.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
Process incoming data and adjustments:
- Research, and match incoming data from affiliated societies.
- Research ASCAP works and member names in order to properly code payment records.
- Review matches for accuracy.
- Correct coding errors that appear on quality assurance reports.
- Key performance data sent on paper.
- Process members’ internal adjustments
- Review earnings of specific members with chronic data issues for correctness.
- Interact with management team to solve problems and support departmental objectives.
- Ensure all work is accurately tracked.
- Other projects as assigned by manager.
- Together with his/her team members this position shares responsibility for meeting or exceeding all quarterly and annual goals.
Qualifications, Requirements and Technical Proficiencies:
- Deadline driven, self-starter – ability to independently manage multiple deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Solid math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills with proven ability to manage a high volume of data and create/execute complex queries.
- MS Access experience a plus; not required
- Track record of self-motivation and flexibility.
- Must have positive, can-do attitude.
Meet Some of ASCAP's Employees
Senior Director of Strategy & Business Development
Dana works with the Strategy and Business Development Team to help ASCAP formulate strategy and enact its forward-thinking plans, aligning the organization with partners around the world.
Back to top