Infrastructure Project Manager / Scrum Master
- New York, NY
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture, we stand behind our mission, and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master to support our Infrastructure group. Our Infrastructure group is composed of small teams across multiple disciplines (including Networking, Platform Engineering, Database, Client Services). This person will be responsible for resource management, process guidance, impediment removal, as well as tracking progress and budget of key projects as well as communicating with senior leadership on progress.
- Drive project timelines and road mapping while ensuring projects align to department and corporate goals
- Identify issues, risks, and recommendations for improving team efficiency
- Manage and conduct meetings
- Manage project budget and liaise with finance and management to track project spend (Capex and Opex)
- Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort. Lead creative problem solving via collaborative problem-solving processes.
- Background in multiple project management methodologies, Agile/Scrum is a plus
- Strong background with the use of project management tools (Atlassian/Jira a plus).
- Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
- Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
- Expertise in Project Management & Tracking with various types of teams
- Strong Communication & Planning skills and ability to communicate (written and oral) with senior executives on strategic projects
- An ability to adapt to new challenges in an evolving environment and drive strategic projects
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- PMP, CSM, CSPO or equivalent certifications preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals and liasing with a Product and design organizations
- Ability to engage and inspire a team, and support subject matter experts
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
- Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Back to top