Front-End Web Developer
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of
programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will
produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between
graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the
application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, and JQuery
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in working with a grid or layout standard like Bootstrap, Flexbox, CSS Grid, or other solution
- Knowledge of CSS module design patterns, pro and cons of different class-based naming conventions, and the benefits of plugins like PostCSS
- Good understanding of WCAG Accessibility guidelines, can demonstrate the relationship between HTML5 markup standards and accessibility specifications.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Gulp, Grunt or Webpack
- Working knowledge of code versioning tools e.g. Git, TFS
- Ability to understand and communicate design and functional requirements across teams
- Interest in quality of code, quality of user experience, and strong ability to empathize with all different types of ASCAP users.
Meet Some of ASCAP's Employees
Senior Director of Creative, Rhythm & Soul
From scouting new music creators to putting on the annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards, JJ's job involves research in the field, meeting with songwriters, and supporting performers in any way possible.
Back to top