Desktop Support Engineer (Mac)
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong Mac device skills. This role will be part of our existing team of desktop engineers primarily focused on Macs, but with a secondary focus on Windows support.
The person in this role will need to prioritize and ensure that timely responses and resolutions are provided to requests and incidents for our Mac users. This is a customer facing role, so maintaining and developing a good relationship with our users is a must. This individual should be able to think outside of the box, be creative, and drive ideas to the team. They should also be able to shift and adjust priorities based on changing business needs in our dynamic environment, while also remaining task-oriented to ensure completion of work from start to finish with appropriate solutions. This role will interact with senior ASCAP executives, so the person in this role will need to present and handle problems in a very structured and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex Mac hardware and software issues with a primary focus on security of these devices.
- Responsible for enterprise Mac client hardware / software standards and strategy.
- Support client OS, application, mobile, virus, and hardware issues for users.
- Design, implement, and maintain Mac desktop group policy using JAMF.
- Work with vendors to design and maintain hardware and software standards.
- Develop automated workflows and technologies to efficiently manage Mac endpoints.
- Maintain inventory database, assign hardware and software assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information.
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to Apple computers and all peripheral devices.
- Interact with IT vendors and management to ensure solutions are being provided for all escalating tickets.
- Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues in person or via telephone.
- Be available as needed and provide “White Glove” technical support to onsite and remote C-Level Executives.
- Write, maintain and implement systems documentation for incident responses and recurring issues.
- 4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex Mac hardware and software issue and and in-depth experience working with various versions of the Mac operating system
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certifications are a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Mac based hardware, software, peripherals.
- Experience with Macintosh desktop imaging and distribution platforms such as JAMF, Casper Suite, ARD and Mac Mobile Device Management platforms (such as JAMF Casper Suite) a plus.
- Knowledge of Mac endpoint patching platforms and procedures using JAMF Casper Suite a plus.
- Experience working with shell scripting a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of anti-virus platforms, how they work, and their capabilities.
What We Love About You
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program
Back to top