As a generalist in Product Engineering at Asana, you'll be a full-stack engineer, responsible for end-to-end development of Asana’s features. You'll design data models, figure out the scaling strategy for a complex, heavily-used product, and implement the UX details that separate great software from good software. Working closely with our award-winning Design team, and supported by world-class Product Managers, you will focus on delighting users with both large new features and daily small product enhancements.
Asana's mission is ambitious, and we strive to build a high-quality product. We believe that both a high-quality team and a high-quality codebase are critical pieces of that mission. Our stack uses React and Typescript for the front-end, on top of a Scala backend, with continuous deployment making sure your code goes live to users multiple times every day.
Software Engineers at Asana are quickly trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes through the Area of Responsibility system. We expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with mutual support from your peers.
- Passion for creating amazing user experiences
- 1+ years experience building a complex software product in a team environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Mastery of React, Typescript, or other web technologies
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases
- Have built a personal productivity tool before out of fun and/or frustration
- Like to leave code better than you found it
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company’s decisions
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top