Technical Project Manager - Business Systems
The Business Technology team at Asana, which encompasses Business Systems and Business Intelligence, provides our Business and Operations teams (including Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations, Finance, Recruiting) with the tools, data, and insights to help maximize the impact our company can have on the world.
The Technical Project Manager role in the Business Systems group meets the technology needs of our Business and Operations teams with highly effective planning and efficient execution of business system implementations and integrations.
- Facilitate effective project communication and maximum clarity in requirements and technical specifications between the Business Systems team and stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations, and Finance.
- Understand the initiatives and needs of different stakeholders and prioritize globally in order to maximize the value we add to Asana as a company.
- Translate business requirements into well-defined technical specifications for the Business Systems development team.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans, ensure on-time delivery of business-critical systems and integrations, and provide hands-on project management during analysis, design, development, testing, launch, and post-launch phases.
- Give regular status updates to stakeholders on progress, risks, and issues through both in-person meetings and Asana.
- Identify project risks with the development team and streamline the process for mitigation or resolution.
- Establish internal mechanisms to track how we are performing towards our goals by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing the relevant data on project progress.
- Help set the long-term strategic roadmap and initiatives for the Business Systems group in collaboration with the program lead.
- 2+ years of experience managing resources, tasks, and workflows in a technical project/program management or similar role
- 2+ years of experience building solutions for business stakeholder teams such as Marketing, Sales, Customer Operations, and Finance
- Experience with enterprise SaaS tools for communication, ETL, and operations (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach.io, Snaplogic, Greenhouse)
- Proven history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment
- Deep understanding of software development and system integration processes and methodologies
- Clear, concise technical writing skills
- Discernment and empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete technical specifications
- Ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment where you derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context
- Strong interpersonal skills: experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams, driving the right work while not being afraid to say “no”
- Ability to think beyond today’s challenges and drive cross-functional teams toward a coherent long-term vision
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the enterprise/B2B SaaS industry
- 2+ years hands-on development or admin experience in Salesforce
- 2+ years hands-on admin experience with at least one other enterprise communication, ETL, or operations tool (e.g. Marketo, Outreach.io, Snaplogic, Greenhouse)
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top