Sr. Finance Systems Analyst - Business Technology
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Finance Systems Analyst who is self-motivated, team-oriented with great communication skills. As part of the role, you will lead design and solutions for all financial systems & tools under the Business Technology team. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enable processes, data and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product
As Sr. Finance Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for administering and supporting Asana’s financial systems across the finance and accounting organizations. You will be responsible for coordinating with key business partners regarding their business requirements and functioning as the functional lead for the Record-to-Report applications. You will need to be able to combine business process knowledge with a deep technical understanding of related systems and software to help identify and implement scalable solutions.
What you’ll achieve
- You will be owning NetSuite Financials as an administrator, analyst and configurator and be responsible for continuously evaluating existing and new applications to support our ever evolving business needs
- You will closely collaborate with Finance, business and technology teams to review processes, identify opportunities and propose solutions that automate their workflows
- Work with your stakeholders to create good requirements, process maps and flows that help in building effective technical designs and solutions
- You will apply good principles and practices to build and maintain integrations with other SaaS applications, data warehouses that interface with NetSuite
- Maintain a high data integrity across all financial systems, including home-growth and the third parties
- You will be involved and working closely with accounting to support financial month-end and quarter-end close. Remove systems blockers so we close on time
- Ensure compliance through systems for Financial Internal Controls and SOX policies as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements throughout the business provided processes.
- At least 5-10 years of business systems analyst experience in a global technology organization
- At least 5 years of professional experience supporting a Finance processes and teams
- Solid understanding of Core Financial processes in a global company - GL, FA, AR, Revenue Recognition, Cash Management, accounting practices and SOX compliance
- You are an expert with NetSuite and specifically it’s financials suite of applications
- In addition to NetSuite, previous experience with large scale ERPs (Oracle, Workday, SAP), SaaS applications (Blackline, FloQast, Xactly, RevPro, Avalara, Vertex, Adaptive Insights), and BI tools (Tableau) are preferable
- You are familiar with database objects and schemas. Can conduct your own data analysis by writing sql queries
- You care about quality of work and do great testing, validation, Quality Assurance, and also help your stakeholders in testing products before they are productionized
- You are a self-starter with ability to manage and run multiple projects leveraging best project management practices. You are familiar with Agile/Kanban/Waterfall processes
- You are a collaborator, co-creator and you ‘act like an owner’ in solving problems and challenges together vs presenting problems
- You love to work in a hyper-growth environment that’s powered by smart, mission-driven and motivated people.
- You build strong relationships and partnerships, are able to resolve conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships.
- You are pragmatic, thrive in the gray and can wear multiple hats at any given time
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top