Software Engineer, Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications, as well as our robust API. We build and operate the software that enables Asana’s security, scalability, and speed. Each day, we combine industry best-practices and innovation to support this product-focused company.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Generalist to build and operate software to make Asana secure, scalable and fast. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and your innovation with a ground-breaking reactive framework. You’ll design software to process, query, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
What you'll do
- Design, build and operate services that are the foundation of Asana’s collaboration and communication software
- Design and implement tooling and automation for clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- Have expertise in programming and computer science, and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Focus on eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable and performant systems
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
Back to top