Software Engineer, Developer Relations
- San Francisco, CA
As an Asana Developer Advocate, your mission will be to build a thriving, connected developer community around the Asana platform. You will work directly with developers from partners, customers, and open-source projects to give them the support and energy they need to succeed.
As the bridge between external developers and Asana, your relationships and broad view on the developer community will be key to guiding our platform strategy. By soliciting and synthesizing feedback on the Asana API, you’ll be directly collaborating on the the future of the Asana platform.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with critical platform partners
- Teaming up with Asana Marketing to promote compelling integration examples through our platform marketing sites and email
- Managing and updating the API documentation
- Speaking at developer conferences
- Attending local developer events
- Writing for our developer audience on the Asana blog and other channels
- Assisting developers when they run into trouble building with our API and synthesizing their feedback to improve our API and documentation
- Aptitude for helping platform partners spec and develop their ideas
- Enthusiasm for open-source software
- Wisdom on how to nurture a long-lasting developer community
- Strong technical background
- Familiarity with the OpenAPI specification
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top