Senior SEO Manager
- San Francisco, CA
The Asana marketing team is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns that nurture existing teams and drive them to upgrade. Our team is growing rapidly, and includes team members focused on product marketing, content creation, partnerships, ads, and lifecycle marketing. To help power our next wave of user acquisition, we’re looking for an analytical, creative, and collaborative Sr. SEO Manager to drive organic growth.
As a Sr. SEO Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and executing technical and content-driven organic initiatives to acquire Asana users. You will operate throughout Asana’s organization to deliver search insights that can shape and improve our global marketing programs. You will partner closely with our entire Acquisition team as well as our various marketing and creative teams in San Francisco.
What you’ll achieve
- Build and iterate an SEO roadmap of site updates, experiments and technical initiatives to improve keyword rankings and search marketshare to drive organic traffic, signups, and revenue.
- Partner with Asana’s content teams to create best-in-class content marketing program that solves user needs based on search intent data.
- Work with in-house and agency web development teams to identify, resolve and standardize technical SEO across Asana properties to be in compliance with Google requirements.
- Monitor the organic performance of Asana properties as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- Present a strong perspective about what high-performing SEO looks like, and create a system that ensures internal teams and projects throughout Asana are aligning with SEO best practices.
- Partner with our Marketing Analytics team to create and deliver SEO performance reports, and provide actionable insights for partner teams.
- Lead and work with Asana’s SEO agency and external partners to drive results
- 5-8 years of SEO experience working with a complex website
- Expertise in both technical SEO and content marketing
- Strong data-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with in-house content and technical stakeholders
- Ability to deliver organic results without compromising the brand experience for users
- Working knowledge of BI and SEO tools. (We use Looker, Redshift, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Search Console, Stat, and SEMRush.)
- Experience working in SaaS
- Familiarity with a freemium or self-serve business model
- Experience with international SEO
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top