We’re looking for an experienced security engineer interested in maturing Asana’s product security posture to expand trust with our growing customer base. As a member of the Product Security team, you will focus on shipping code that is free from critical security bugs, enabling millions of users around the world to work together effortlessly knowing that their data is protected using best in class security practices.
Your contributions will range across our Product Security Programs, but you will spend the majority of your time driving our application security strategy and execution aimed at protecting the Asana product from entire classes of security issues through direct contributions and mentorship of motivated engineers around you. You will collaborate with engineering groups across our Product- and Infrastructure Engineering pillars to ensure our solutions enable security in a way that allows developers to self-serve.
We offer a wide range of personal development opportunities, regular attendance at security conferences and events as well as endorse research and sharing knowledge with the security community. Your work will have a direct impact on the security of our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead large scope projects with high impact on our application security posture, by building solutions that are low maintenance and scale to an increasing number of developers at Asana
- Reduce the likelihood and impact of security vulnerabilities within the Asana product, and eliminate entire classes of security risks wherever possible
- Drive build-or-buy decisions through careful problem analysis and comparison of potential vendor solutions
- Bring industry best practices for application security into the team
- Be a subject matter expert for our Product Incident Response process
- Raise the skills of engineers around you through technical leadership and mentoring
- Help us mature, track and improve on our application security metrics
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- 5+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
- 3+ years of experience in software security or related field, preferably application security
- 1+ years of experience leading projects with multiple contributors
- Experience using Scala, Typescript and React are nice to have
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating best in class security protections that help our users and business strive
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.