Senior Legal Operations Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
Based out of San Francisco, this role requires someone skilled at providing creative thinking to help identify and develop cutting-edge strategies for increasing value and reducing outside legal spend, while maintaining excellent legal representation and optimizing engagement practices with our law firms.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement and growth.You will be a part of our legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests.
What you’ll achieve
- Global eBilling and Law Firm Relationship Oversight:
- Select, implement, oversee, optimize, and manage eBilling program in partnership with Finance and other key stakeholders.
- Manage outside law firms to ensure compliance with billing guidelines, including adherence to negotiated rates and specified billing practices.
- Define metrics for increased visibility and insight into law firm performance.
- Own end-to-end law firm onboarding including but not limited to engagement letters, vendor forms, and opening POs and providing payment details.
- Work with team leaders to identify and implement policies and practices to optimize the efficiency of external legal spend.
- Negotiate predictable fee arrangements.
- Responsible for monthly review/audit of our legal invoices, including accruals and spend report preparation with finance.
- Provide first line support to vendors in submitting invoices through the eBilling system.
- Tools, Technology and Process Management:
- Identify and implement process improvements and solutions around department systems, technologies and controls.
- Define centralized resources that are well-maintained and accurate to assist new legal team members with onboarding
- Create short and long term operations roadmaps supporting legal practice areas; including contract management and analytics, IP management, business process improvements, e-signature, board management tool, entity and compliance and eBilling
- Communication, Collaboration and Change Management:
- Assist with efforts to improve and coordinate legal team on-boarding, continuing education and other training programs.
- Develop online resources and internal legal staff training for contract management, eBilling, etc
- Be a champion for a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
- Appy original, innovative thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems, or services and manage change to better service customer needs.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in legal operations, as a paralegal, or in similar roles as well as have experience with program or project management at a technology company or in law firm operations
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and cross-functional collaboration and partnerships with IT, Finance and PeopleOps.
- Comfortable working with and around technology.
- Able to make decisions and move projects forward, sometimes with limited information.
- Comfortable working within an environment where transparency is the norm.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top