Sales Strategy Operations Analyst
We’re looking for a data-driven analyst to support Asana’s High Volume Sales team, owning everything from strategy to deep-dive analysis and implementation.
Our business model has evolved, and what started as freemium, bottoms-up sales has evolved to a three-pronged revenue model, including freemium / self-serve, high volume and enterprise sales. Our unique challenge is to scale and leverage this revenue model effectively.
This is a highly visible role working with cross-functional partners and advising sales leaders globally for someone with experience in sales operations, consulting, or finance. Your data-driven insights and leadership on strategic and operational initiatives will help influence the trajectory of one of the fastest growing businesses in Asana.
What you'll achieve
Your primary responsibilities will include reporting and analyzing key metrics of sales performance, using these findings to advise the Sales leadership team, setting the strategic agenda for scalability and growth. In addition, you will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales Operations team: business planning, forecasting, pipeline analysis, and sales program launch, etc.
- Partner with sales leads on all operational and analytical requests, e.g. team restructuring, business performance analyses, translating business needs to operational plans and system needs.
- Play a pivotal role in the annual planning process by making recommendations in areas such as headcount, quota setting, go-to-market strategy and improve rep productivity.
- Manage projects with stakeholders to make data-driven decisions on topics including: forecasting, growth/churn strategy, territory optimization, process improvement, SPIF targets, and small/medium scope sales experiments.
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, marketing, CS, systems, and other cross-functional teams to achieve objectives without management involvement.
- 3+ years relevant experience in sales strategy, finance, consulting, or in equivalent roles
- Fluent in Excel and ability to balance data with intuitive thinking
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and BI tools (we use Looker)
- Have a proven track record of leading cross-functional, multi-stakeholder projects to success.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude: Willingness and enthusiasm to build from the ground up
- Egoless: An openness to give and receive constructive feedback from anyone.
- Ability to articulate complex problems, processes, or data to peers as well as senior management.
- Nice to have: Experience using SQL, ability to identify gaps or areas of improvement in our overall processes, ability to coordinate and spearhead change management initiatives across the organization
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—not only your educational background, but also your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, work experience—we value it, and we’d love to see what you can bring to the team.
Back to top