Sales Compensation & Analytics Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Asana is building out a world-class finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will collaborate cross-functionally with finance, sales, and operational teams alike to transform our sales compensation strategy and processes into a robust and scalable system. You will turn data into actionable insights, connecting the dots between shorter-term operational plans and longer-term financial goals.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and will possess strong leadership and process management facilities. You will have exceptional communication skills and won’t be afraid to speak up. You thrive in ambiguity. You bring order to the data and decision-making processes. And you’re driven to do great things, fast.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth. We reject false tradeoffs and help our entire organization achieve its operational and financial goals. We ensure our objectives are feasible and we work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources, insights, and data they need to achieve Asana’s ambitious mission: enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with sales leaders and their organizations by providing end-to-end management of sales compensation and incentive programs
- Partner with sales and finance leaders to develop and evolve compensation strategies that incentivize the sales team to drive results consistent with corporate objectives and reward exceptional performance
- Identify process enhancements and improve the velocity of analysis and reporting by collaborating with finance, accounting, IT, and sales teams to create and improve internal systems and processes; help build a scalable sales compensation team
- Own the end-to-end sales commission process including administration, calculations, validation/exemptions, and payment of incentive compensation plans
- Work collaboratively with Sales Strategy and Operations to enhance policy and reporting needs. Provide support and education to the sales organization on methodology and process
- Support the business and finance teams through monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and business review cycles, including preparing materials for MEC/QEC, as well as Board meetings and ad hoc requests
- Create a review process to help identify and manage leading indicators of sales productivity. Collaborate with Sales Finance to optimize sales strategy that drives ROI and improves the cost of sales
- 4-8+ years of related experience, with 2-4+ years in Sales Compensation, Sales Finance, or Sales/Revenue Operations
- Deep systems understanding (Salesforce, Netsuite, Xactly, etc.). Strong proficiency with MS Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to cultivate productive relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations, and present findings clearly and concisely
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles; prior knowledge of and experience with enterprise software or SaaS business models is a plus
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top