Sales Account Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Launched commercially in 2012, Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Our success is linked to our culture, employees, and commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
We are looking for a Sales Account Manager to join our San Francisco-based team who is driven, hard-working, and adaptable. This role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business and maximizing value for our customers. You'll join a talented team focused on helping our future Commercial customers understand and leverage the power of Asana.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Proactively manage a portfolio of commercial customers, serving as their main point of contact
- Hunt and close expansion opportunities within your book of business (up-sell, cross-sell)
- Leverage your customer relationships to ensure successful renewals
- Develop customer champions to expand usage within new teams and departments
- Engage with executive and IT contacts to deploy Asana wall-to-wall
- Experiment with new processes and revenue streams that scale across Asana globally
- 2-3+ years closing experience in an inside sales role (previous SaaS experience a plus)
- Experience up-selling, cross-selling, and hunting new business
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, and integrity
- Ability to set repeatable processes that support a high volume of customer interactions
- Full sales-cycle management skills, from prospecting to close
- Ability to advocate equally for the user and Asana in overcoming challenges
- Adaptable to changing conditions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Salesforce and/or Outreach.io proficiency
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top