Product Manager, Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager for our Kubernetes-based core data-loading infrastructure that delivers delightful and fast user experiences. You’re an experienced product leader who has deep empathy for customers and can take on difficult, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You love building fast, stable, and secure infrastructure with an eye towards speeding up engineering velocity. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities
- Maximize clarity by bringing a data-driven mindset to setting goals and milestones
- Partner with engineering to execute on the plan
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, or equivalent.
- Systems thinker: Conceptualize and analyze different parts of our infrastructure and how they interrelate.
- Comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Strong communicator across different audiences and communication styles. Can simplify tough problems and explain them to a non-technical audience.
- Dig deep to make sure we’re solving root problems and ensure we’re thinking about process and systems in scalable and maintainable ways.
- Love working with technical teams to make a big impact and are excited to work with infrastructure teams for the long haul.
Back to top